Highlight of Experience
- Assisting counsels in a 14-day BC Supreme Court family law trial, resulting in a judgement completely in favor of our client
- Appearing for a family law-related summary trial at the BC Supreme Court with substantial success
- Representing vulnerable and at-risk clients in their refugee/H&C claims at IRB/IRCC with substantial success
- Representing a creditor and obtaining a freezing order at Basildon County Court in the UK, securing payment of a debt exceeding $1,000,000.00
- NCA Certificate of Qualification
- The City Law School, University of London, PGDip (Legal Practice Course) (2015)
- The City Law School, University of London, LL.B. (Hons) (2014)
- Simon Fraser University, B.A. Philosophy (2011)
- British Columbia, 2023
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of BC, Member
- Lions Gate Hospital Foundation
- Chinese Cultural Centre of Vancouver
- Free Representation Unit (UK)
- Gravesham Borough Council (UK)
Stanley is fluent in English and Cantonese and understands conversational Mandarin.
Stanley Ip was born in Hong Kong and brought up in West Vancouver, British Columbia. He is passionate about helping people solve their legal issues with his knowledge and experience. His rational and optimistic approach means that he never gives up finding a satisfactory and fitting solution for his clients.
After Stanley graduated from Simon Fraser University, he moved to London, UK to study law at the City Law School, University of London. He subsequently joined a medium-sized law firm in Kent as a trainee solicitor and practised in the areas of conveyancing, personal injury, and family law.
When Stanley returned to Vancouver in 2019, he joined an immigration consulting firm where he practised immigration law and specialized in refugee and humanitarian & compassionate grounds cases.
After receiving his NCA Certificate of Qualification, he soon joined ATA Law Corporation as an articling student where he practices primarily in family law and wills & estates.
Outside of work, Stanley enjoys collecting wristwatches, pocket watches, and clocks. He also enjoys a strong cup of coffee and superb food.